1. Could you introduce yourself to the readers?
My name is Alejandro Alvarez (Alex), I come from Barcelona , Spain and am 33 years old.
2. How long have you been involved in your sport?
I started practicing speed-boarding at the age of 13.
3. Are there people who inspired you to get started?
Skaters from the 80s', friends and many long afternoon practices to learn tricks.
4. What motivated you to continue competing?
The more often you compete the more motivated and hooked you will become. I am also motivated by how close our community is and how we support each other.
5. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Learn how to lose and accept it with open mind to be able to learn from your mistakes.
6. What equipment are you currently using?
Actually, I use an aluminum Street Luge, Surf Rodz 200mm trucks, Abec 11 wheels and an aerodynamic helmet. I also have a hackbrett with Paris 195mm trucks, and Abec 11 wheels.
Finally want to say thanks so much to Boca Bearings for giving me this opportunity to be part of the team, I hope to have an excellent season 2011/12 with Boca Bearings.