1. Please, introduce yourself to our readers.
My name is Marcin Śliwerski. I live in Poland in Łódź. I am interested in RC Car races and other areas of RC.
2. How long have you been involved in your sport?
The first time I came in contact with RC was 10 years ago at the RC Models Festival in my town. There I bought my first RC car. At the festival there were helicopters, airplanes, quadro-copters, etc. And I have been going to RC competitions for 2 years now.
3. Are there any people who have inspired you to get started? Who and why?
hmm ... I think that it was not a single person who influenced me. I like the people who have a hobby, a goal. And I just wanted to have a hobby and I started to look for something that I would enjoy as well. Today people who really help me are fellow RC enthusiasts from the local RC store/club.
4. What motivates you to continue competing?
What motivates me is meeting others with the same hobby, exchanging information during competitions and of course the will to fight. I like competition it is sometimes very nice to prove to myself, and others, that I can win.
5. Who would be some people you would like to work with?
I enjoy working with all of my friends. In my sport it is really hard to meet someone who you do not like.
6. What has been your goal this year? Are you on schedule?
This year I've planned to place in the top three in the Polish Championships RC off-road cars. Currently, after a few races and point series, I am second.
7. What advice would you give people who want to get started in your sport?
First, do not look at prices, but the fun that something presents. You can lose material things at any point, sometime you have to have something to look forward to, something you enjoy that means something to you. So, I let me be carried away by the heart, not the current financial situation.
8. What is the best advice you've ever received?
Follow your dreams.
9. What equipment are you currently using?
Currently, I have two off-road cars. A 1:8 scale - Losi 8ight-e with Tekno conversion, the Orion motor, ESC hobbywing, Spektrum, Savox, CS, and battery. The second is the Kyosho Lazer zx5-sp, I use it usually in the winter and training. In both models I have Boca Bearing that work perfectly so far.