1. Please, introduce yourself to our readers.
Martynas Makaras, 20 years old from Lithuania, Europe.
2. How long have you been involved in your sport?
I have been involved in this sport since September of 2000.
3. Are there any people who have inspired you to get started? Who and why?
It's a cool story, two friends offered me to try out in a BMX race and we did! Yeah, they raced for 3 months only and then they left BMX. I'm still going!
4. What motivates you to continue competing?
After many years of training and riding it's hard to only to train without competing and of course hoping to be the best.
5. Who would be some people you would like to work with?
Maris Strombergs the Olympic champion.
6. What has been your goal this year? Are you on schedule?
To be in finals in the 17-24 men at European Finals in Orleans, France. I did crash during the practice landed on my head but I started in this competition and I was riding with a little fear... finished 26-30th from 168 riders. Now I'm looking for Baltic Cup title and BMX Grand Prix Latvia title in men 17+.
7. What advice would you give people who want to get started in your sport?
Start it now! BMX is both fun and challenging!
8. What is the best advice you've ever received?
Do not train too much because it's easy to over train.
9. What equipment are you currently using?
Speed M533 Frame, sinz pro lite forks, shimano dxr cranks,shimano dxr brakes, dartmoor bamboo seat, maxxis tyres, odi grips, S&M bars, snap pro stem, and excess 351 pro wheels with ceramic hybrid Boca Bearings! (SR6C-YUU NB2)