1. Could you introduce yourself to our readers?
I'm Hrvoje Stegmayer, from Zagreb, Croatia. I'm 26 years old, and I'm racing 1/5 Formula 1 cars.
2. How long have you been involved in your sport?
Since 2005, tried all classes but when I tried F1 class that was enough for me, nothing else can come close with satisfaction and enjoyment of driving F1.
3. Are there people who have inspired you to get started?
Honestly no, first I was driving for fun all around, but didn't had enough money for racing, but after I tried on one race, that became my biggest passion in life.
4. What motivates you to continue competing?
Definitely a question with more than one answer… Learning every day something new, developing new stuff, testing all kinds of stuff (materials, tires, engines, bearings), chance to improve myself in many ways. Like in any sport you must be physically and mentally strong and in good shape to compete at top level.
5. Who would be some people you would like to work with?
Only one I could think of are F1 engineers, would be pretty interesting to let for example, Adrian Newey take a look at the car, and try to design and develop something new, which I believe would be something really magnificent.
6. What is your goal this year?
Finish in top 3 in EFRA GP Formula 1 series and win Croatian national championship.
7. What advice would you give people who wanted to get started in your sport?
Relax, enjoy and have fun first! If you're passionate enough, practice a lot and listen to good advice, results will come eventually.
8. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Don't be fast for 1 lap, do that for the whole race. Consistently fast lap times are the most important.
9. What equipment are you using?
I'm using Boca Bearings, different types for different applications on the car (green seals, orange seals, ceramic hybrids (ultra and yellow seals).
Modelcargo Samba titanium pipes
ESP (Earth Surfer Products) modified Zenoah engines
Genius Racing FXR Formula 1 car
Fuchs Silkolene oils and lubricants
Lightscale / Roadies tires