1. Could you introduce yourself to our readers?
I am Silas Høgholt, from Denmark. I am 27 years, and I race 1/8 Buggy and truggy.
2. How long have you been involved in your sport?
I have been racing Buggy for 5 years now. It's been great, super fun!
3. Are there people who have inspired you to get started?
I haven't really been inspired by anyone special. I had just visited my local hobby shop and asked if I could get a car that would participate in any form off championship. That's how I got hold of Kyosho's MP777, and that's how it all started.
4. What motivates you to continue competing?
My motivation is to beat myself, every time I go out on the track.
5. Who would be some people you would like to work with?
The people I like to work with are the top drivers: Jared Tebo, Adam Drake etc. I would really just like to try their cars, because it can't be that they are just that good. It's got to be the car. At least that's what I tell myself.
6. What is your goal this year?
My goals... I have 2.
First goal is to recapture my 3rd Danish Championship. Second, I would really like to make the top 50 at the Euro's.
7. What advice would you give people who want to get started in your sport?
Start off small- get a RTR car, for instance the Losi RTR, and then just hit the track, to see if it appeals to you and iIf it does then move on to competition because that's where the action happens.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
The best advice I have ever received was that power is nothing without control, and an A-main is 45 minutes.
9. What equipment are you currently using?
I race the LOSI 2.0 EU, OS Speed, Boca Bearings, Spektrum Electronics, AKA/LOSI/VP-Pro Rubber