1. Could you introduce yourself to the readers?
My name is Tyler Delong and I am 15 years old. I attend Desert Oasis High School and will be a sophomore next year. I was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV.
2. How long have you been involved in your sport?
I've been in this sport for two and half years now.
3. Are there people who inspired you to get started?
The person that inspired me to race was my dad. My dad started racing RC cars when he got hurt from racing motocross and then introduced RC to me. I loved it from the first day and I too stopped racing dirt bikes and started racing RC cars.
4. What motivated you to continue competing?
The thing that motivates me is how hard it is to win. The time and practice it takes to be a good driver/racer no matter what class you race is great motivation. My dad and I have a lot of fun together at the track and that too motivates me.
5. Who would be some people you would like to work with?
I would like to someday work with all the top drivers. I learn something new every time I watch them or when I'm on the track driving with them.
6. What is your goal this year?
My goal is to get as many wins as I can, and also keep working extremely hard to get to that next level. I want to be a top driver one day and will continue to keep practicing to hopefully get there.
7. What advice would you give people who want to get started in your sport?
Some advice I would give is to have patience, work hard, race hard, and most importantly have fun. The more fun I'm having when I race the better my results are.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
The best advice I have received is from my dad when I'm having a bad race or qualifier telling me to "Keep pushing and don't give up". Races are long and you never know what is going to happen.
9. What equipment are you currently using?
I run both the green seal and yellow seal ceramic bearings in all my nitro and electric cars/trucks. I get longer run times and have to replace my bearings far less than any other bearing I've tried. Other than Boca Bearings, I'm sponsored by Mugen Seiki, ProLine, Byron Race fuel, KO PROPO, Dialed Inc., UpGrade RC and Thunder Power.