Boca Bearings Blog
Aug 16, 2017
In conjunction with Spin Space, a popular Facebook group dedicated to hand and fidget spinners, the Boca Bearing Company recently hosted a competition for individuals to show off their spinner collections.
Aug 09, 2017
My name is Jorge Roldan -- I was born in Los Angeles and raised in Miami. I went to the International Fine Arts college in the early 1990s and graduated from F.I.U with a bachelors in Commercial Design.
Aug 07, 2017
The purpose of this project is to learn to use a 3D printer and to further my skills in using the Arduino. My goal is to...
Jul 31, 2017
I finally came across some stackable headers that I ordered from Karlsson Jupiter. I ordered them online and they were available for pick up the next day. The headers came in a 6 pin header, two 8 pin headers, and one 10 pin headers so they connect directly to the Arduino.
Jul 26, 2017
There were a few components of the robot that I had to make or modify. There was the sensor board that I had to make with the sensors, resistors, and the perforated board.
Jul 24, 2017
For the design of the line robot I will be using a plastic container that I found at a thrift store for a dollar. I plan on putting the two motors towards the rear of the container with the caster wheel at the front using some L brackets to connect them together. The design will be similar to the one that was used in the manual.
Jun 23, 2017
The 1976 Cimatto frame with a 1967 triumph motorcycle hard tail. The hard tail was cut down in sections and then fully welded. This hard tail will lower the rear of the bike, and stretch it out giving the bike a very aggressive stance.
Jun 16, 2017
In conjunction with Spin Space, a popular Facebook group dedicated to hand and fidget spinners, the Boca Bearing Company recently hosted a competition to see who could produce the longest spinning 3D printed fidget spinner.
Jun 09, 2017
With everything on order for the board I decided to wire up the battery harness. I used 14 AWG wire for all the connections, which with the short runs is ample enough to handle the current being passed through. Soldering the connectors was simple and straight forward and after one day of work they were complete.
May 24, 2017
Adam Farris, owner and operator of O'Malleys Speed n Kustom, started out this project with a 1976 Cimmato City Bike powered by a Minarelli V1 engine.
May 12, 2017
This video shows how to install Boca Bearings in a Mavic Crossmax wheel.
May 10, 2017
After repairing the robotic hand project, the most noticeable flaw was the nest of wires on the receiver. Every servo motor has three wires, with five fingers that means there are fifteen leads going into the breadboard. From there five additional wires need to run to the Arduino for signal control.
May 08, 2017
This video shows how to install Boca Bearings in a THM Carbones Clavicula Crankset.
May 01, 2017
Following the 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium, artist Edwin Cheong offered to donate his stainless steel sculpture, “Bloomer Tree” to the City’s Art in Public Places program. The Arts Commission accepted his offer and approved a permanent sculpture location at the Boynton Beach Extension round about.
Apr 26, 2017
Stan shows us how to do a line roller bearing replacement in a Shimano Symetre 4000RI using Boca Bearings Ceramic Hybrid bearings.
Apr 24, 2017
Grant shows us how to remove the bearings in a Shimano Citica 200D and put new Boca Bearings Orange Seal Ceramic Hybrid bearings in.
Apr 19, 2017
If you haven't heard of the Eureka Factory yet, you might not be paying attention. This is an incredible group of creative individuals and business partners who believe in the power of community-driven innovation to help people move from passive consumption to empowered and active creation. They have just recently organized Roboticon Tampa 2014, working hand-in-hand with FIRST to bring kids, teens, and parents together to work on, build, and compete with their robots.
Apr 17, 2017
Grant shows us how to remove the bearings in a Shimano Chronarch CI4+ and put new Boca Bearings Orange Seal Ceramic Hybrid bearings in.
Apr 12, 2017
So, it has been awhile since my last update on the Sketch bot project but this week I was finally able to finish up a wiring diagram and start testing servos with the Arduino unit. I also need to finish redesigning the servo base as well.
Apr 10, 2017
Grant shows us how to remove the bearings in a Shimano Curado 50e and put new Boca Bearings Orange Seal Cearmic Hybrid bearings in.
Apr 06, 2017
The Boca Bearing Company recently announced an expansion in its lineup of ceramic hybrid bearings. These bearings are best suited in applications including cryo-pumps, medical devices, semiconductors, machine tools, turbine flow meters, food processing equipment, robotics, optics and more.
Apr 04, 2017
Having a CNC Router is awesome. Having to constantly clean up shavings is not. To more cleanly operate the X-Carve we decided to go ahead and print a dust shoe to attach a vacuum to. This would allow us to suck up all the shavings and dust as the machine operates and keep the work space cleaner.
Mar 28, 2017
The Boca Bearing Company recently announced its latest iteration of bearings for radio control applications, known as the GO Series. This new take on hybrid ceramic radial bearings utilizes two unique characteristics.
Mar 21, 2017
The Sketch Bot would be able to draw any image that would be uploaded to Paint (windows program). The Bot would be controlled via arduino, and the arduino would be coded with an algorithm that would be able to read the windows paint file of the user’s choice. All of the physical components of the Bot would be made out of PLA plastic that would be made by a 3D printer.
Mar 16, 2017
In the spotlight today we have one of our Sponsored Racers, Kevin Thomas. Just this past weekend Kevin participated in the 2017 Palmetto Classic and performed exceptionally well. Continue reading for Kevin's detailed race report.
Mar 14, 2017
Hand spinners are one of the newest phenomenons in the fidget community. A simple device made up of a bearing, set among weights with a little help from physics. To think that such a simple device can provide an endless amount of enjoyment is fascinating by itself. But in retrospect a lot of thought and effort goes into the design of each spinner.
- Quantum Vapor Bearing Upgrade
- RC Car Project - Update 2
- Boca Bearings Fidget Spinner Collection Competition
- Zerobot Project - Update 3
- Zerobot Project - Update 2
- Introducing Miami artist maker and robot sculptor Jorge Roldan.
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 1 - Project Proposal
- Traxxas TQi Telemetry Radio and App
- Modified Bike Project: Part 3 - Engine build
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 4 - Shield and Software
- Blade 180 CFX Helicopter: Part 2 - First Repair
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 3 - Building the Parts of the Line Robot
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 2 - Pre-Build
- Zeorbot Project - Update 1
- The World's Largest 3D Printed Fidget Spinner
- Blade 180 CFX Helicopter Introduction
- 3D Printer Filament Stand Project
- Zerobot Project Introduction
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 1 The Sensor Board
- Boca Bearings Mavic Cosmic Carbones
- Scan-O-Tron Project: Kinect Attached
- Modified Bike Project: Part 2 Frame Set Up
- Okuma Krios KS 273W Bearing Comparison
- eMerge Americas 2017
- Boca Bearings 3D Printed Spinner Competition
- Avet HXW Raptor Ceramic Bearing Upgrade
- Electric Skateboard Project Update 1
- ELB Pro Flipper Butterfly Knife Bearing Upgrade
- RC Car Project Update
- Making 3D-Printed Fidget Spinners
- Fidget Spinner Bearing Spin Time Comparison
- Marine Robotics Club Introduction
- Modified Bike Project: Part 1 1976 Cimmato City Bike
- Peacock Bass Fishing In South Florida
- How to Install Bearings in Mavic Crossmax SL Wheels
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand Project Revisision
- How to Install Bearings in a THM Carbones Clavicula Crankset
- Scan-o-tron project: Building accessories
- Bloomer Tree Kinetic Artwork Donation, Damage, Repair and Relocation
- Electric Skateboard Project Introduction
- Line Roller Bearing Replacement Shimano Symetre 4000RI
- How to change the bearings in a Shimano Citica 200D
- Scan-o-tron Project Introduction
- How to change the bearings in a Shimano Chronarch CI4+
- Maker Faire Miami
- Sketch Bot Project Update 1
- How to change the bearings in a Shimano Curado 50e
- Boca Bearings Releases Expanded Inventory of Ceramic Hybrid Bearings
- X-Carve Vacuum Attachment
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 7
- Boca Bearings Releases New Ceramic Hybrid Go Series
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 6
- Sketch Bot Project Update
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 5
- Sponsored Racer: Kevin Thomas, 2017 Palmetto Classic - Race Report
- Boca Bearing's Guide for Fidget Spinners
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 4
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 3
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 2
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 1
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Conclusion
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Part 2
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Part 1
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Intro