Boca Bearings Blog
Dec 15, 2017
It cannot be said any other way about my venture with Boca Bearings. I did not realize that this would so clearly make this Jato one of the fastest Jato's with run times over and over exactly the same.
Dec 04, 2017
So I have gotten the MINDS-i Robot up and running. It seems to be a very sturdy frame. There were times where I accidentally...
Nov 29, 2017
This is the final phase of the Toolbox 3D Printer for Boca Bearing. Although the majority of the construction was complete, I still had to...
Nov 20, 2017
This week was originally going to be wiring, printing and calibration while next week was going to be some finish work. However, since the major construction was done...
Nov 17, 2017
This phase of the build is the fabrication. This section consists of more pictures and videos since the bulk of the build is its construction...
Nov 08, 2017
This is it! My Jato 3.3 nitro is now 100% Boca Bearings! It's time to hit the road and get some telemetry data.
Nov 06, 2017
The MINDS-i Robot has finally arrived here at Boca Bearings. It's a fairly large package with many pieces. The package is shown below.
Nov 03, 2017
I will be constructing a 3D printer with in a Huot toolbox that was once used as a "Blower Repair Kit." One of the main features that makes this toolbox a good candidate for a printer over other toolboxes is...
Nov 01, 2017
The purpose of this project is how to learn to create an autonomous land vehicle that can be programmed with waypoints for destinations to travel to. I will learn how to also add ultrasonic sensors to the rover to avoid crashing into any obstacles on the way to its waypoints.
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a long winter and good weather is finally upon us. This means getting the Jato ready for a faster season. Thank you goes first to Boca Bearings for providing all the bearings for this Jato...
Oct 23, 2017
With how I left things the last time, I wasn't getting the full range of motion of the servos. So this wouldn't let me close the hand all the way...
Oct 20, 2017
Now that I have finished building the hand and the glove, it was time to start writing the programs for the hand and glove.
Oct 09, 2017
I finally “finished” the airboat. I finished making the last of the rudder design so with that part being finished I decided to do the boats first test run. Prior to me making the different designs and modifications to the hull of the boat.
Sep 19, 2017
In this post I will be going over in the building of the 3D printed hand. You can find the files from inmoov.fr. Inmoov is an open source 3D printed life size robot where you can print various parts of a robot.
Sep 14, 2017
Finally got a chance to record the line follower in action. I had to readjust some numbers in the code for it to be able to work. The floor here is different from...
Sep 12, 2017
In this post I will be going over the making of the glove that will control the 3D printed hand. I started off by first soldering the 5 47K ohm resistors onto the LilyPad's pads a0, a1, a2, a3, and a4. I also soldered the resistors together as shown in the picture below.
Aug 09, 2017
My name is Jorge Roldan -- I was born in Los Angeles and raised in Miami. I went to the International Fine Arts college in the early 1990s and graduated from F.I.U with a bachelors in Commercial Design.
Aug 07, 2017
The purpose of this project is to learn to use a 3D printer and to further my skills in using the Arduino. My goal is to...
Jul 31, 2017
I finally came across some stackable headers that I ordered from Karlsson Jupiter. I ordered them online and they were available for pick up the next day. The headers came in a 6 pin header, two 8 pin headers, and one 10 pin headers so they connect directly to the Arduino.
Jul 26, 2017
There were a few components of the robot that I had to make or modify. There was the sensor board that I had to make with the sensors, resistors, and the perforated board.
Jul 24, 2017
For the design of the line robot I will be using a plastic container that I found at a thrift store for a dollar. I plan on putting the two motors towards the rear of the container with the caster wheel at the front using some L brackets to connect them together. The design will be similar to the one that was used in the manual.
Jun 23, 2017
The 1976 Cimatto frame with a 1967 triumph motorcycle hard tail. The hard tail was cut down in sections and then fully welded. This hard tail will lower the rear of the bike, and stretch it out giving the bike a very aggressive stance.
- Traxxas TQi Telemetry Radio and App: Part 4 - Car Run and Performance.
- Hybridized Garrett Boca Bearings Turbine - Part 3
- Amundson TCP450 Fishing Reel Bearing Installation
- Simple Robotic Arm Made Out of Cardboard Pieces
- Autonomous Rover Part 4: Finishing Up the Build and Some Demonstration
- 1/10th Scale Replica 1984 CJ7 Jeep
- Vintage Tool Box 3D Printed: Part 4 - Final Details
- Autonomous Rover Part 3: Building the Frame
- Hybridized Garrett Boca Bearings Turbine - Part 2
- Vintage Tool Box 3D Printed: Part 3 - Testing and Refining
- Vintage Toolbox 3D Printed: Part 2 - Construction and Fabrication
- Hybridized Garrett Boca Bearings Turbine - Part 1
- Boca Bearings Workshop Weekly Update 5
- Traxxas TQi Telemetry Radio and App: Part 3 - Telemetry Setup and Testing
- Autonomous Rover Part 2: The MINDS-i 4X4 3-in-1 Robot and the FlySky FS-T6 Transmitter
- Vintage Toolbox 3D Printed: Part 1 - Design and Research
- Autonomous Rover Part 1: Project Proposal
- Para-Athlete Alfonso Garibay Jr.
- Traxxas TQi Telemetry Radio and App: Part 2 - Bearings Replacements
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 6 - More Programming and Debugging
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 5 - Programming and Debugging
- Aermacchi Crank Alignment and Balancing Tool
- Boca Bearings Workshop Weekly Update 4
- 3D Scanner Project Update 1
- Boca Bearings Workshop Weekly Update 3
- RC Car Project - Update 3
- Boca Bearings Workshop Weekly Update 2
- Modified Bike Project: Part 4 - The Bike
- Boca Bearings Workshop Weekly Update 1
- Upgrading Jigging Master Ocean Devil PE5 with Boca Bearings
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 4 - The 3D Printed Hand Build
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 5 - Video Demonstration
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 3 - The Glove Build
- New and Expanded Inventory of Mounted Unit Bearings
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 2 - Pre-build
- Boca Bearings on Shimano XTR Wheels
- Quantum Vapor Bearing Upgrade
- RC Car Project - Update 2
- Boca Bearings Fidget Spinner Collection Competition
- Zerobot Project - Update 3
- Zerobot Project - Update 2
- Introducing Miami artist maker and robot sculptor Jorge Roldan
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand: Part 1 - Project Proposal
- Traxxas TQi Telemetry Radio and App
- Modified Bike Project: Part 3 - Engine build
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 4 - Shield and Software
- Blade 180 CFX Helicopter: Part 2 - First Repair
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 3 - Building the Parts of the Line Robot
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 2 - Pre-Build
- Zeorbot Project - Update 1
- The World's Largest 3D Printed Fidget Spinner
- Blade 180 CFX Helicopter Introduction
- 3D Printer Filament Stand Project
- Zerobot Project Introduction
- Arduino Robot Project: Part 1 The Sensor Board
- Boca Bearings Mavic Cosmic Carbones
- Scan-O-Tron Project: Kinect Attached
- Modified Bike Project: Part 2 Frame Set Up
- Okuma Krios KS 273W Bearing Comparison
- eMerge Americas 2017
- Boca Bearings 3D Printed Spinner Competition
- Avet HXW Raptor Ceramic Bearing Upgrade
- Electric Skateboard Project Update 1
- ELB Pro Flipper Butterfly Knife Bearing Upgrade
- RC Car Project Update
- Making 3D-Printed Fidget Spinners
- Fidget Spinner Bearing Spin Time Comparison
- Marine Robotics Club Introduction
- Modified Bike Project: Part 1 1976 Cimmato City Bike
- Peacock Bass Fishing In South Florida
- How to Install Bearings in Mavic Crossmax SL Wheels
- 3D Printed Robotic Hand Project Revisision
- How to Install Bearings in a THM Carbones Clavicula Crankset
- Scan-o-tron project: Building accessories
- Bloomer Tree Kinetic Artwork Donation, Damage, Repair and Relocation
- Electric Skateboard Project Introduction
- Line Roller Bearing Replacement Shimano Symetre 4000RI
- How to change the bearings in a Shimano Citica 200D
- Scan-o-tron Project Introduction
- How to change the bearings in a Shimano Chronarch CI4+
- Maker Faire Miami
- Sketch Bot Project Update 1
- How to change the bearings in a Shimano Curado 50e
- Boca Bearings Releases Expanded Inventory of Ceramic Hybrid Bearings
- X-Carve Vacuum Attachment
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 7
- Boca Bearings Releases New Ceramic Hybrid Go Series
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 6
- Sketch Bot Project Update
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 5
- Sponsored Racer: Kevin Thomas, 2017 Palmetto Classic - Race Report
- Boca Bearing's Guide for Fidget Spinners
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 4
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 3
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 2
- Crossfire 3D Printed Quadcopter Part 1
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Conclusion
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Part 2
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Part 1
- Boca Bearings Workshop Up-Cycled Weather Vane Intro