Apr 12, 2017
So, it has been awhile since my last update on the Sketch bot project but this week I was finally able to finish up a wiring diagram and start testing servos with the Arduino unit. I also need to finish redesigning the servo base as well. When I have a finished product I will give more details on that as well. I completed a wiring diagram of how the three servos will be wired to the arduino/breadboard. I was able to do this easily by using the fritzing program.
I also decided on a specific servo motor that I would like to use which you can find via the link below. In the meantime, I decided to test out my wiring diagram to check that everything is copasetic. So, I took advantage of the other servo motors that we had at the shop to test out the Arduino UNO unit as well as a standard servo Arduino code that came with the Arduino program. The good news is that my wiring diagram turns to work out perfectly, but I was not able to test it efficiently with the code I have since I have only one working servo motor at the time.
I am currently waiting for the servo motors to come in so I can properly test the circuit that I made. By the end of next week, I’m looking forward to finishing the base, wiring the servos and testing them, and maybe start to 3d print the bases and arms.